Welcome to the St Vasilios Church website. Outlined below is the Weekly Program of church services and activities for the current week.
WEEKLY PROGRAM | 21 – 28 OCTOBER 2018
SUNDAY 21 OCTOBER
† 6th Sunday of Luke | Gospel Reading: Luke 8: 26-39
• 7.30 – 11.00am Orthros and Divine Liturgy
• 10.30 – 11.00am Sunday School Classes
SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES FOR ALL AGES!
(A free voluntary program organised by the Church)
Lessons take place in the building behind the church and begin at the time of Holy Communion until Church dismissal. We have classes for ages ranging from 5yrs to teenage years. Lessons are taught in a relaxed, friendly environment. Please bring your children along to learn of their rich Orthodox faith and come close to God and His Love.
St Vasilios High Tea Fundraiser
Today at 3pm, Upstairs in the Church Hall
- $5 admission fee/ Kids under 5 free
- Delicious treats
- Raffle prizes to be won • Door prizes!
This week’s readings:
- Growing Spiritually: An Orthodox Christian Perspective
- St Gerasimos of Cephalonia
- We all receive God’s blessings equally
- The Good Witness of Becoming our True Selves
MONDAY 22 OCTOBER
• 9.00am Service of Holy Unction
• 10.00am Meeting of Elderly Citizens in the Church Hall
TUESDAY 23 OCTOBER
• 7.00pm Orthodox Youth of Brunswick and Coburg meeting this week at the COBURG parish
WEDNESDAY 24 OCTOBER
• 5.00pm Paraklesis to the Theotokos followed by Bible Study (in Greek)
THURSDAY 25 OCTOBER
FRIDAY 26 OCTOBER
† St Demetrios, Myrrh-Bearer and Great-Martyr
• 7.00 – 9.30am Orthros and Divine Liturgy
SATURDAY 27 OCTOBER
• 3.45pm Service of Vespers
SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER
GOSPEL READING: Luke 8: 41-56
EPISTLE READING: Galatians 6: 11-18
WORDS FROM THE CHURCH FATHERS
“The whole earth is a living icon of the face of God.”
St. Anthony the Great
Do not be surprised that you fall every day; do not give up, but stand your ground courageously.
And assuredly, the angel who guards you will honour your patience.
St John Climacus
If you find that there is no love in you, but you want to have it, then do deeds of love, even though you do them without love in the beginning.
The Lord will see your desire and striving and will put love in your heart.
St. Ambrose of Optina
We know that prayer in and of itself cannot save us, but carrying it out before God can. For when the Lord’s eyes are upon us He sanctifies us, as the sun warms everything upon which it shines.
St Gregory Palamas
“So be at peace…and call upon God.”
St Nektarios of Aegina